Tuesday 6 December 2016

RESPECT AND BE THANKFUL - why does anybody need a compliment?

I have been thinking this subject for a really long time. I think people aren´t thankful enough of everything they have. We are surrounded by good things in life. Still everyday all we hear is that constant complaining about everything. If something is not the way you want it to be, it means everything is wrong and the world is against you. But when you actually think about your life, you always have something that makes you feel happy. Maybe it could be a family, friends, a pet, education, food, nice weather... You´ll always find something nice in every day.

I learned to live in a moment, when my dad moved into China. Before that, I always complained about spending time at his patchwork family´s apartment. We never did anything else than just played with our phones. I were there every other weekend with my little sister and little brother. I didn´t even realize how short time I had for spending time with my youngest little sister, who lives in China now. She was one and half when they moved. Now she´s four and half. It´s been three years without seeing each other, and she don´t even know who I am. All the time I am scared of what could happen for her, because I really think that China isn´t the best country for little children. Or anybody. But still I won´t give up on dreaming that one day I could meet her and get to know her. I´ve already lost too many years of her childhood. 


That´s maybe the biggest thing that has changed me. I´m really thankful of everything my mom has done with me. She has spent so much time with me and done so many great things with me and my siblings. We have traveled, We´ve watched movies. My mom has taught me so many things. I´ll never forget it. My dad´s moving changed me and thought me to hold on things I have, before it´s too late. 

Now I stress so much of school, that it´s hard to think about good things in life. But it´s not impossible. There are many things I´m happy right now, I´m studying what I really love, I´ve loving family, I´ve good friends and amazing roommate at student halls, I´m going to France at summer, soon is christmas and my birthday and then is 2017. Many things that I should be thankful of. Maybe I don´t have my little sister here right now, but she´s in my heart and one day I will meet her again. A glimmer of hope is alive. 

Sometimes you could only say "Thank you for being in my life" for a person you are happy to have in your life. Instead of having arguments, what if you say thank you? What makes it so hard? Thank you are words that shouldn´t be saved only for rainy days. You should say it always, when you are at least a bit thankful. No matter how small thing it is. If life gives you lemons, you shouldn´t throw it back and scream that you wanted cupcakes. Instead of that you should say thank you, because at least you got something. Someone else could have hoped lemons and got nothing.

What things can you be thankful of? 
Hold on what you love before it´s too late. 

>JENNA

P.S. Yes, I´ve tried to call dad at Skype, but it doesn´t work really well over the oceans and I really don´t want to talk with him. Talking with him only causes me pain. All I want is see my little sister again. Maybe some day... 

P.S.S. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY 99 YEARS OLD FINLAND!! So much respect for them who have fought for our country! It was worth it, and now we can live in our beautiful, independent Finland.


All of us has hope!

Source:
http://www.relatably.com/q/hope-quotes
Source:
http://quoteshunter.com/never-give-up-quotes/

No comments:

Post a Comment